It’s been a while since I published a quiz, so here it is. This one is on American history and geography. Test your knowledge. Are you smarter than a fifth grader? No peeking at the internet.
- The only US President to serve two terms non-consecutively was:
(a) Theodore Roosevelt; (b) James Madison; (c) James Monroe; (d) Grover Cleveland
2. The first state to secede from the Union before the Civil War was:
(a) South Carolina; (b) Georgia; (c) Alabama; (d) Florida
3. Mount Rushmore is located in which state?
(a) North Dakota; (b) Montana; (c) Idaho; (d) South Dakota
4. All of the following facts about Abraham Lincoln are true EXCEPT:
(a) He did not graduate from college; (b) he did not have a middle name; (c) he was a lawyer; (d) he served in the US Senate.
5. The first state to ratify the US Constitution was:
(a) Georgia; (b) Virginia; (c) Delaware; (d) Massachusetts
6. Fifty-six delegates to the Second Continental Congress signed the Declaration of Independence. The most from any one state was nine. Which one was it?
(a) Virginia; (b) Pennsylvania; (c) Massachusetts; (d) New York
7. During the War of 1812 the hero of the Battle of New Orleans was:
(a) Andrew Jackson; (b) John Paul Jones; (c) Davy Crockett; (d) Daniel Boone
8. Of the states listed below, which is the most populous?
(a) New York; (b) Florida; (c) Texas; (d) Illinois
9 Which is the eastern-most state?
(a) Florida; (b) Maine; (c) Alaska; (d) Virginia
10. Which is the western-most state?
(a) Alaska; (b) Hawaii; (c) California; (d) Washington
11. Which is the southern-most state?
(a) Florida; (b) Texas; (c) Mississippi; (d) Hawaii
12. Which war started with an assassination?
(a) Crimean; (b) Revolutionary; (c) WWI; (d) WWII
13. Which of the following was NOT President during the Vietnam War?
(a) Truman; (b) Eisenhower; (c) Ford; (d) Nixon
14. WWII began on 9/1/39 when Germany invaded which country?
(a) Austria; (b) Czechoslovakia; France; (d) Poland
15. What year was “9/11?”
(a) 2000; (b) 2001; (c) 2002; (d) 2003
16. The state in which the highest number of Presidents were born was:
(a) Virginia; (b) Ohio; (c) Missouri; (d) California
17. The first signer of the Declaration of Independence to become President was:
(a) George Washington; (b) John Adams; (c) Thomas Jefferson; (d) Benjamin Franklyn
18. The President of the US during WWI was:
(a) Taft; (b) Hoover; (c) Wilson; (d) Teddy Roosevelt
19. The last of the 48 contiguous states to join the Union was:
(a) Hawaii; (b) Utah; (c) Arizona; (d) Wyoming
20. During WWI which of the following was NOT one of the Central Powers?
(a) Germany; (b) Bulgaria; (c) Ottoman Empire; (d) Italy
ANSWERS: 1. (d), 2. (a), 3. (d); 4. (d), 5. (c), 6. (b), 7. (a), 8. (b), 9. (c), 10. (a), 11. (d), 12. (c), 13. (a), 14.(d), 15. (b), 16. (a) (8), 17. (b), 18. (c), 19. (c), 20. (d)
Please let know how you did.