Once again, it’s time to test your knowledge. Have fun and no peeking at the internet. No consulting Alexa or Siri.
1. Each of the following is one of the “Seven Seas” except: a. Arctic; b. Baltic; c. Gulf of Mexico; d. Mediterranean
2. What percent of the earth is covered by water? a. 60; b. 70; c. 75; d. 80
3. The southern-most point in Europe is located in which country? a. Spain; b. Italy; c. Albania; d. Turkey
4. Asia is the largest continent by land mass. Which one is second? a. North America; b. South America; c. Australia; d. Africa
5. Each of the following countries is landlocked except: a. Ethiopia; b. Afghanistan; c. Guyana d; Paraguay.
6. The longest river in the world is the a. Amazon; b. Nile; c. Yangtze; d. Danube.
7. The Appalachian Trail passes through or borders each of the following states except: a. NY; b. Maine; c. Georgia; d. South Carolina.
8. China is the most populous country followed by India. Which country is third? a. Indonesia; b. Brazil; c. US; d. Pakistan.
9. The eastern-most point in the US is located in which state? a. Maine; b. Florida; c. Alaska; d. NY.
10. Pike’s Peak is located in which state? a. Colorado; b. Nevada; c. Wyoming; d. Washington.
11. The Mississippi River borders on or flows through each of the following states except: a. Louisiana; b. Minnesota; c. Michigan; d. Tennessee.
12. The least populous state is a. Rhode Island; b. Wyoming; c. Vermont; d. North Dakota.
13. The Gadsden Purchase included land from the state of a. New Mexico; b. Texas; c. Nevada; d. California.
14. Russia is the most populous country in Europe. The second is a. France; b. UK; c. Spain; d. Germany.
15. The northern-most point in Europe is located in a. Finland; b. Norway; c. Sweden; d. Estonia.
16. Each of the following is one of the world’s continents except: a. Antarctica; b. Australia; c. Central America; d. Europe.
17. Each of the following is one of the Baltic States except a. Estonia; b. Latvia; c. Lithuania; d. Finland.
18. Each of the following countries borders on the North Sea except a. Norway; b. Finland; c. Germany; d. France.
19. The largest of the Great Lakes is a. Erie; b. Superior; c. Michigan; d. Ontario.
20. Each of the following countries is located in Central America except a. Belize; b. Costa Rica; c. El Salvador; d. Cuba.
ANSWERS: (1) b; (2) b; (3) a; (4) d; (5) c; (6) a; (7) d; (8) c; (9) c; (10) a; (11) c; (12) b; (13) a; 14.) d; (15) b; (16) c; (17) d; (18) b; (19) b; 20. d
Well, there it is. Let me know how you did.