There are now fewer than 90 days until Election Day. Fewer than 90 days until what I and many others believe will be the most significant and historic presidential election in American history, a genuine watershed election. Exaggeration? Hyperbole? If you think so, read on, and I will try to demonstrate why I believe that to be true.
Historically, most presidential elections have offered two candidates with small, subtle differences in political philosophy. Perhaps, one is a little more liberal, and the other a little more conservative, but by Election Day both candidates will have softened the sharp edges of their respective platforms and gravitated toward the “middle,” because that is where most of the voters are. To be sure, there have occasionally been exceptions to this rule, e. g. Goldwater in 1964 and McGovern in 1972, but they were too far out of the mainstream and consequently were trounced decisively. The lesson has been clear; if you want to win, soften the sharp edges of your policies and appeal to the majority in the middle.
That is not the case this year. This year we are being offered a clear choice. Simply put, we, the voters, have to decide between capitalism as we have known it and lived it for nearly 250 years up to and including the present and socialism as advocated by the Dems prospectively. Those of you who have been following the news with an open mind realize this. If not, read on.
First of all, there are two points to get out of the way.
- About half the country despises President Trump, personally, He is often arrogant, crude, rude and embarrassing. I get it. But, I say that is secondary to the other issues that are facing us. He is running for President of the United States, not high school senior class president. We are not looking to “hang out” with him; he’s not looking to be your friend. Personal traits and popularity are secondary to policies and results. As I have detailed in many previous blogs, he has delivered results, in spades. So, why should the other stuff matter? Hint, it shouldn’t.
- The charming, folksy “Uncle Joe” many of us remember from the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s is gone, long gone. That Biden, who, despite his flaws (for example, occasionally a little “handsy” with women, a minor gaffe or unintelligible comment), many of us viewed as akin to an eccentric, but likeable, uncle, no longer exists. I don’t want to be mean-spirited, but it has been replaced by a shell of a man with cognitive deficiencies. Don’t take my word for it. See for yourself. Watch his news conferences (the ones that are unedited by friendly media outlets). Even though they are scripted and carefully monitored by his handlers they are replete with gaffes, blunders, inaccuracies, and vague, wandering comments. His handlers are cognizant of his condition. Why else do you think they continue to restrict him to his basement? Why do you think he restricts his few and infrequent appearances to interviews with friendly journalists who only ask him “softball” questions?
Let’s put personality aside and focus on the politics.
- The Biden of 2020 is “malleable Joe,” who is under the influence of the “Bernie Bros”, AOC and other denizens of the far left. He figures he needs their support to win, and, consequently, he will say and do anything they want to curry favor.
- He has embraced the Bernie/AOC platform hook, line and sinker. This is the same platform that, a few short months ago, primary voters rejected as too radical. I have described this platform, in detail, in previous blogs. Some of the highlights (or lowlights) include open borders, free medical for all, even illegals, free education and voting rights for illegals, a tax increase that will surely include the middle class, restricting free speech, confiscating guns, defunding the police, and the centerpiece of it all – the Green New Deal. If you value the first and second amendments and the right to protect yourself and your family why would ever vote for Biden?
- Just to be clear the GND would eliminate fracking and decimate the oil, gas, coal, auto and other blue collar industries. If you work in those industries, why in the world would you ever vote for Biden? A vote for Biden would be a vote to destroy your and your family’s livelihood.
- Biden’s wife and some of his supporters have claimed he is a “moderate.” That is a total mischaracterization and fabrication. There is no basis in fact for that statement. Forget labels. Would you consider anyone who endorses the above policies a “moderate?” I don’t think so. Recently, Biden, himself, stated he would be the “most progressive president ever.” I say, take him at his word.
- Incredibly, Biden has refused to condemn or even criticize the rioters who have been destroying our cities and our historical and religious monuments. They are not “protesters” as some Dems and many of those in the media have characterized them. They are not “demonstrators.” Protestors and demonstrators are peaceful. They don’t destroy property. They don’t attack innocent bystanders with clubs and lasers. They don’t murder people. These are lawless criminals pure and simple. They have hijacked the Black Lives Matter movement. And, Biden just sits there. The old Biden, the moderate Biden, the Biden we remember, would have spoken out forcefully. If you value our historical figures and our first amendment right to worship freely why would you ever vote for Biden?
- Biden and his supporters portray him as a strong supporter of the Black and Hispanic communities. But, in his 50 or so years in the Senate and as VP can you name one positive accomplishment of his that helped Blacks, Hispanics, and other disadvantaged persons? Just one. You can’t, can you.
- On the other hand, Donald Trump has accomplished a great deal for those groups in just 3 1/2 years, to wit: (1) the lowest unemployment ever (pre-Covid) for Blacks, Hispanics, teenagers, and women, (2) prison reform, (3) aid to Black colleges, and (4) restricting legal and illegal immigration, among others. He has done more in 3 1/2 years than Biden has done in 50! And he is supposedly the racist?!
- Who said “If you [black people] don’t vote for me you ain’t black?” Who insulted blacks by characterizing them as homogeneous while Hispanics are diverse? Who stated he didn’t want his children growing up in a “racial jungle?” I’ll give you a hint – Biden, Biden and Biden.
Yes, the old “Uncle Joe” we knew and liked is gone. It is a fantasy being perpetuated by a desperate Party that will do anything to defeat Mr. Trump. They will even nominate and support a person they know is cognitively impaired and completely under the influence of the radical left. They are doing their best to hide this and hoping that moderate and independent voters are too distracted and too apathetic to notice. I believe that we are too smart for that. Don’t be deceived,
Do you want a cognitively-impaired person like Biden in control of the “nuclear football?” What a nightmare. To repeat, because it so important, based on Biden’s own words, a vote for him is a vote for socialism and against the first amendment, the second amendment, energy independence, and jobs in the oil, gas, coal, auto, and many other industries. The choice is yours. Don’t blow it! You will have to answer to your children and grandchildren.
Biden has been a US Senator and VP for nearly 50 years. He has had a nice, long run. So let’s put an end to this fantasy of “Uncle Joe,” It’s time to say good-by.