The following is intended to be a “fun” blog that tests your knowledge of various topics from pop culture to American history. See if you can identify the person described. I tried to find a middle ground where you will be tested but not frustrated. I hope I succeeded.
- My real name was William, but I was known by my nickname. I was a straight man in one of the most famous comedy teams ever. I performed in vaudeville, on the radio, on tv and in the movies. My most famous comedy skit was about baseball.
- I had the shortest tenure of any US President. I was the last president to have been born a British subject. I was the grandfather of another president. I was a renowned Indian fighter. My most famous victory came at the Tippecanoe River.
- My real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. I am a famous singer, but also an accomplished songwriter and actress. I have won six Grammys and a Golden Globe. I was Billboard’s “Woman of the Year” in 2015.
- I was born in PA, but I was constantly moving, seeking what I called “more elbow room.” At one time I lived in what is now Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio , Missouri and Kentucky, among other places. I was a famous explorer, pioneer and woodsman in the early 18th century. I blazed the “Wilderness Road” through the Cumberland Gap in the Appalachian Mountains from Tennessee and North Carolina to Kentucky. I was among the first white men to explore and settle in Kentucky.
- My real name is James Todd Smith, but everyone calls me by my famous nickname. I have achieved notoriety as rapper, actor on tv and in the movies. In one of my movie roles I jumped out of an airplane. Currently, I am starring in an action show based in LA.
- My real name was Harry Lillis ******, but I am known by my distinctive nickname. I was the best selling recording artist of the 20th century. I was an Academy Award winner. I co-starred in several “road” movies with a well-known comedian.
- I was a renowned bandleader, actor, producer and director. I am best known for performing with my real life wife and two sons in a popular TV show that ran in the 1950s and 60s. One son became a recording star in his own right.
- I was one of the founding fathers. Before, during and after the Revolutionary War I was a valued diplomat, particularly in France. Among my many inventions were a stove, which is named after me, and bifocals. One of my famous quotes was “We must all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.”
- My birth name is Cornelius Crane *****. I am known by my nickname, which is the same name as a well-known town in Maryland. After hitting it big on Saturday Night Live, I left to go on “vacation” with Beverly DeAngelo.
- I am the only person to have served as both US president and vice president without having been elected to either office. Although I was often portrayed as being clumsy, I was actually an accomplished athlete in my youth.
ANSWERS: 1) Bud Abbott (Abbott and Costello). 2) William Henry Harrison (campaign slogan – “Tippecanoe and Tyler too”). 3) Lady Gaga. 4) Daniel Boone; 5) LL Cool J. 6) Bing Crosby. 7) Ozzie Nelson; 8) Benjamin Franklyn. 9) Chevy Chase. 10) Gerald Ford.