My darling and devoted wife claims I have very limited knowledge of pop culture. Perhaps, but let’s test your knowledge. You know the drill: no peeking at the internet. Don’t ask “Alexa.” Good luck.
- Each of the following movies won the Oscar for “Best Picture, EXCEPT:
(a) Crash; (b) Argo; (c) Hacksaw Ridge; (d) Moonlight
2. President Trump has been mentioned as a possible winner of this year’s Nobel Peace Prize. How many previous US presidents have been so honored?
(a) 1; (b) 2; (c) 3; (d 4)
3. Which famous entertainer was born in Steubenville, Ohio?
(a) Dean Martin; (b) Bing Crosby; (c) Jack Benny; (d) Liberace
4. Which of the below actors played “Danno” on the original “Hawaii 50” tv series?
(a) Al Harrington; (b) Buddy Ebsen; (c) Larry Manetti; (d) James MacArthur
5. Alfred Hitchcock directed each of the below movies, EXCEPT:
(a) “Psycho;” (b) “Marnie;” (c) “The Birds;” (d) “The House of Wax”
6. Each of the below was a 2017 Emmy Award winner, EXCEPT:
(a) John Lithgow; (b) Viola Davis; (c) Nicole Kidman; (d) Sterling Brown
7. Which of the below actors won the 2018 Oscar for “Best Actor?”
(a) Gary Oldman; (b) Daniel Kaluuya; (c) Denzel Washington; (d) Woody Harrelson
8. In the famous Abbott and Costello comedy routine “Who’s on First,” the name of the second baseman is: (a) What; (b) When; (c) Tomorrow; (d) I don’t know.
9. Which child actor debuted in the tv show “Little House on the Prairie?”
(a) Ed Furlong; (b) Richard Thomas; (c) Jerry Mathers; (d) Jason Bateman
10. Each of the following is a show created by Dick Wolf, EXCEPT:
(a) South Beach; (b) Law and Order; (c) Boston Legal; (d) Chicago Justice
11. Which movie featured music by Simon and Garfunkle, including megahit “Sounds of Silence?”
(a) The Apartment; (b) The Graduate; (c) Eyes without a Trace; (d) A Patch of Blue
12. Which of the below actresses won the 2018 Oscar for “Best Supporting Actress?”
(a) Octavia Spencer; (b) Mary Blige; (c) Allison Janney; (d) Sally Hawkins
13. The rock ‘n roll song, “Rock Around the Clock” was featured in which of these movies?
(a) Blackboard Jungle; (b) The Rockers; (c) The Survivors; (d) Teen Angel
14. Each of the following was a member of the “Rat Pack,” EXCEPT:
a. Peter Lawford; (b) Dean Martin; (c) Vic Damone; (d) Frank Sinatra
15. Who was the host of the “Newly Wed Game?”
(a) Pat Sajak; (b) Alex Trebek; Marc Summers; (d) Chuck Barris
16. Which famous actor appeared on “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air?”
(a) Will Smith; (b) Denzel Washington; (c) Brian Forster; (d) Fred Savage
17. The hit song, “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head” was featured in which movie?
(a) Bonnie and Clyde; (b) Cool Hand Luke; (c) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid; (d) Eyes without a Trace
18. Whose birth name was Joseph Barrow? (a) Cary Grant; (b) Joe Louis; (c) Robert Mitchum; (d) Peter O’Toole
19. Which rapper was born Curtis James Jackson, III
(a) Lil Wayne; (b) Eminem; (c) LL Cool J; (d) “Fitty” Cent
20. Name the original host of the tv game show, “The Match Game.”
(a) Don Pardo; (b) Art Fleming; (c) Pat Sajak; (d) Gene Rayburn
- (c); 2. (d) (Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, and Barack Obama); 3. (a); 4. (d); 5. (d); 6. (b); 7. (a); 8. (a); 9. (b); 10. (c); 11. (b); 12.(c); 13. (a); 14. (c); 15. (d); 16. (a); 17. (c); 18. (b) (Joseph Louis Barrow); 19. (d); 20. (d)
Let me know how you did. Also, I am happy to accept suggested questions for my next quiz.