It’s the Christmas Season, or, if you prefer, the Holiday Season. In any event, that means it’s quiz time again. You know the rules; no peaking at the internet. Good luck!
1. St. Nick, on whom Santa Claus is based, was reputed to have been borne in what modern day country?
2. Which US President declared Christmas a national holiday?
3. In what country did Christmas trees originate?
4. What was used for the earliest tree decorations?
c. Religious figurines
5. What was the first state to officially recognize Christmas as a holiday?
a. New York
6. What is the best selling record of all time with over 100 million copies sold?
a. Jingle Bells
b. Little Drummer Boy
c. White Christmas
d. 12 Days of Christmas
7. How many Christmas cards are sent in the US annually?
a. Three million
b. 30 million
c. 300 million
d. Three billion
8. Christmas was first celebrated in what city in AD 336?
9. On what date is Boxing Day celebrated?
a. December 15
b. December 24
c. December 26
d. December 31
10. In what country did Boxing Day originate?
11. What do Dutch children put out Christmas Eve instead of stockings to hold gifts?
12. “Jingle Bells” was originally written for which holiday?
a. New Years
c. Winter Solstice
13. Radio City’s Christmas Show began in what year?
14. The movie “It’s a Wonderful Life,” which many people believe to be the best Christmas movie ever, starred whom?
a. Tom Cruz
b. Clark Gable
c. Ronald Reagan
d. Jimmy Stewart
15. The leading exporter of Christmas trees is
Answers: 1. d; 2. a; 3. c; 4. a; 5. b; 6. c; 7. d; 8. c; 9. c; 10. b; 11. d; 12. b; 13. b; 14. d; 15. c
Please report your scores.