I have received many requests for another quiz. With all the bad news in the world at the present time, I agree that a fun quiz would provide a welcome change of pace. So, here it is. As always, no peeking at the internet.
- The most western state in the US is (a) Hawaii, (b) California, (c) Washington, (d) Alaska.
- According to Wikipedia the longest river in the world is (a) the Amazon, (b) the Nile, (c) the Mississippi, (d) the Yellow.
- The highest mountain peak in the US is (a) Mt. Whitney, (b) the Denali, (c) Pike’s Peak, (d) Mt. Rainier.
- The easternmost state in the US is (a) Maine, (b) Florida, (c) Alaska, (d) New York.
- The country with the SECOND-MOST area is (a) China, (b) India, (c) Brazil, (d) Canada.
- Which of the following cities is NOT the capital of the state in which it is located? (a) New Orleans, (b) Montgomery, (c) Boise, (d) Pierre
- Each of the following countries is located in the continent of Africa, EXCEPT (a) Egypt, (b) Israel, (c) Eritrea, (d) Burundi
- Which of the following states is NOT one of the so-called “Four Corners?” (a) Utah, (b) Colorado, (c) New Mexico, (d) Oklahoma.
- Which of the following countries has THREE capital cities? (a) Honduras, (b) Tanzania, (c) South Africa, (d) Sri Lanka
- Which country has the largest population? (a) China, (b) India, (c) Russia, (d) Indonesia.
- The Continental Divide (aka Great Divide) runs through each of the following states, EXCEPT: (a) Colorado, (b) Washington, (c) Alaska, (d) Montana.
- Each of these countries shares a border with only one other country, EXCEPT: (a) Portugal, (b) Denmark, (c) Indonesia, (d) Qatar
- The US and Canada share the longest border of any two countries – 5,525 miles. Which of the following states does NOT border Canada? (a) Ohio, (b) Massachusetts, (c) Vermont, (d) Pennsylvania
- Which of the following countries is NOT located in Central America? (a) Cuba, (b) Belize, (c) Costa Rica, (d) Mexico.
- The southern-most state in the US is (a) Florida, (b) Hawaii, (c) Mississippi, (d) Alabama
ANSWERS: 1. (d), 2. (a) (4,345 miles), 3. (b) (20,310 feet), 4. (c), 5. (d), 6. (a), 7. (b), 8. (d), 9. (c) (Pretoria, Cape Town & Bloemfontein, 10. (a) (1.4 billion out of 7.4 billion), 11. (b), 12. (c), 13. (b), 14. (d), 15. (b)
Well, how did you do? Let me know.