Below please find another in the series of fun quizzes. By now, you know the drill. Enjoy. [Marv, the first question is for you. Don’t “blow” it.]
1. I was born in Austria. During WWII I was a spy for the Allies against the Nazis. Later, I became a famous American actress.
a. Ingrid Bergman; b. Greta Garbo; c. Hedy Lamarr; d. Zsa Zsa Gabor
2. I was one of the Founding Fathers and later became President of the US. I was one of three presidents who died on July 4th.
a. James Monroe; b. George Washington; c. John Quincy Adams; d. James Madison
3. I was the only person to serve as both President and Vice President without having been elected to either office.
a. Harry Truman; b. Benjamin Harrison; c. Millard Fillmore; d. Gerald Ford
4. I am a famous rapper. I was born in LA. My given name is O’Shea Jackson.
a. “Fitty” Cent; b. Jay Z; c. Dr. Dre; d. Ice Cube
5. I am a Canadian-born actor and comedian. I got my big break on Saturday Nite Live.
a. Dan Akroyd; b. John Belushi; c. Chevy Chase; d. Eddie Murphy
6. I was one of eight Presidents who died in office. I only served 31 days, which was the shortest term of any president.
a. James A. Garfield; b. Gerald Ford; c. William Henry Harrison; d. Zachary Taylor
7. I am an actress born in Canada. My most notable movies were Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers, and Spotlight, for which I received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
a. Melissa Sue Anderson; b. Lindsay Lohan; c. Samantha McLeod; d. Rachel McAdams
8. I was born Alicia Christian XXXXXX. I was a child model. My acting debut was in Mayberry RFD. I rose to fame in the movie, Taxi Driver. I have won two Oscars.
a. Alicia Silverstone; b. Jodie Foster; c. Tori Spelling; d . Kyra Sedgwick
9. I was born in Italy. I was an explorer, navigator and cartographer. America is named for me.
a. di Gama; b. di Americana; c. Vespucci; d. Columbus
10. I am the easternmost state in the US.
a. Maine; b. Alaska; c. Rhode Island; d. Florida
11. I am NOT one of the provinces of Canada.
a. Quebec; b. Nunavut; c. Alberta; d. Toronto
12. I was a star of the largest grossing movie ever, adjusted for inflation.
a. Vivien Leigh; b. Julie Andrews; c. Harrison Ford; d. Leo Di Caprio
13. I was the star of the prime time live action tv show that played for the most episodes.
a. Roy Rogers; b. Mariska Hargitay; c. James Arness; d. Gene Autry
14. I served two terms as Prime Minister of Israel.
a. Menachem Begin; b. Ehud Barak; c. Moshe Sharett; d. Shimon Peres
15. I am the least populated US state.
a. Wyoming; b. Alaska; c. Rhode Island; d. Montana
16. I was the last of 48 contiguous states to be admitted to the union.
a. New Mexico; b. Arizona; c. Alaska; d. Colorado
17. I am a well-known singer, songwriter and record producer. I rose to fame with Visions of Love. My other “hits” include Without You and We Belong Together.
a. Gwen Stefani; b. Courtney Love; c. Mariah Carey; d. Beyonce
18. I was born in Canada. I was a former Playboy Playmate of the Month. I starred in Baywatch.
a. Cybill Shepherd; b. Roberta Quinn; c. Pamela Anderson; d. Ashley Bell
19. I am the only non-Nordic country on the below list.
a. Latvia; b. Sweden; c. Iceland; d. Denmark
20. I am the longest reigning British monarch.
a. Elizabeth I; b. Victoria; c. Henry VIII; d. Elizabeth II
Answers: 1. (c); 2. (a); 3. (d); 4. (d); 5. (a); 6. (c); 7. (d); 8. (b); 9. (c); 10. (b) (also westernmost and northernmost); 11. (d); 12. (a); 13. (c); 14. (d); 15. (a); 16. (b); 17. (c); 18. (c); 19.(a); 20. (d)
Well, I tried to be fair. Also, I sprinkled in some Canadian, British and Israeli questions for my followers in those countries.
How did you do?