My darling and devoted wife claims I have very limited knowledge of pop culture. Perhaps, but let’s test your knowledge. You know the drill: no peeking at the internet. Good luck
- Each of the following has hosted the Academy Awards, EXCEPT:
(a) Anne Hathaway; (b) Paul Hogan; (c) Jay Leno; (d) Jon Stewart
2. Shonda Rhimes created each of the following tv shows, EXCEPT:
(a) “Grey’s Anatomy;” (b) “Scandal;” (c) “The Catch;” (d) “Chicago Medical”
3. Which famous entertainer was born in Steubenville, Ohio?
(a) Dean Martin; (b) Bing Crosby; (c) Jack Benny; (d) Liberace
4. All of the below were “American Idol” judges, EXCEPT:
(a) Steven Tyler; (b) Kara DioGuardi; (c) Simon Cowell; (d) Smokey Robinson
5. Name the original host of the tv game show, “Jeopardy.”
(a) Don Pardo; (b) Art Fleming; (c) Pat Sajak; (d) Bill Cullen
6. Each of the following was a member of the Marx Brothers, EXCEPT:
(a) Gummo; (b) Bammo; (c) Chico; (d) Harpo
7. Which child actor debuted in the tv show “Little House on the Prairie?”
(a) Ed Furlong; (b) Richard Thomas; (c) Jerry Mathers; (d) Jason Bateman
8. In the famous Abbott and Costello comedy routine “Who’s on First,” the name of the second baseman is:
(a) What; (b) When; (c) Tomorrow; (d) I don’t know.
9. Each of the following entertainers was born on Long Island, EXCEPT:
(a) Jerry Seinfeld; (b) William Baldwin; (c) Mariah Carey; (d) Andre Levins
10. Who was Marion Mitchell Morrison?
(a) James Cagney; (b) Jimmy Stewart; (c) John Wayne; (d) Clark Gabel
11. According to Nielsen, the top rated tv show for the week of March 28, 2016 was
(a) “NCIS”; (b) “60 Minutes;” (c) “Empire;” (d) “Big Bang Theory”
12. Each of the below is a member of the 2016 “Saturday Nite Live” cast, EXCEPT:
(a) Pamela Tola; (b) Numa Lahtinen; (c) Melissa McCarthy; (d) Andre Wickstrom
13. Fox news host Bill O”Reilly was raised in
(a) Levittown, NY; (b) Boston, MA; (c) New York City; (d) Pittsburgh, PA
14. Taylor Swift won her first Grammy in:
(a) 2008; (b) 2009; (c) 2010; (d) 2011
15. Who played “Rhoda Morgenstern” on the “Mary Tyler Show?”
(a) Valerie Harper; (b) Betty White; (c) Chloris Leachman; (d) Rose Marie
16. Alfred Hitchcock directed each of the below movies, EXCEPT:
(a) “Psycho;” (b) “Marnie;” (c) “The Birds;” (d) “The House of Wax”
17. Which Kardashian is married to former NBA player, Lamar Odom?
(a) Kloe; (b) Kim; (c) Kourtney; (d) Kendall
18. “The Dancing with the Stars” season 1 winner was
(a) Emmitt Smith; (b) Jennifer Grey; (c) Kelly Monaco; (d) Shawn Johnson
19. Which of the below actors played “Danno” on the original “Hawaii 50” tv series?
(a) Al Harrington; (b) Buddy Epsen; (c) Larry Manetti; (d) James MacArthur
20. Which of the below actors played “Newman” on “Seinfeld?”
(a) Wayne Knight; (b) Jerry Stiller; (c) Brad Garrett (d) Ben Stein
ANSWERS: (1) c; (2) d; (3) a; (4) d; (5) b; (6) b; (7) d; (8) a; (9) a; (10) c; (11) d; (12) c; (13) a; (14) c; (15) a: (16) d; (17) a; (18) c; (19) d; (20) a.
Well, there you have it. Hopefully, it’s not too easy and not too hard. Let me know how you did.